World Autism Awareness Day

Today is World Autism Awareness Day
There is a National Strategies resource produced by the DCSF available, which takes the form of an interactive e-resource. There is a also a DVD-ROM version, which many school SENCOs will have a copy of.
Also a document to print off as a PDF, which I have a copy of in front of me now:

"Inclusion Development Programme: Primary and Secondary - Supporting pupils on the autism spectrum"

I would like to put together a 'toolkit' of ideas for drawing students on the autistic spectrum into geography and facilitating their learning and allowing them to exceed expectations.

I would be really grateful for any ideas from colleagues who have experience of strategies that have worked, and the context in which they were used: there is definitely no 'one strategy fits all' in this case....

This is a longer term project, but today is the day when I start the planning...

Comments