GIS in the Classroom

Just working on a session for next week in Manchester. I've put together an activity which is my version of the GI Diet...

It's a range of activities to think about the use of GIS in the classroom. Colleagues attending will be spending some time looking at the ideas in the presentation.

GIS is a tool for teaching geographical enquiry.

I have also started a discussion on the SLN GEOGRAPHY FORUM.

If you have used GIS in your teaching recently, please tell me about it....

a) which software / website you used...
b) what data was used, and where it came from...
c) what the output was, and what questions it was used to answer...
d) year group

All resources will be shared after the event...

One of the tools I'll use is uMapper
This excellent map below shows what can be produced...










The work of Ty Smith

Comments