Packing my case (studies)

Today it was over to the Open University campus in Milton Keynes.
One of the great aspects of the current phase of my job is the chance to visit lots of the places that I used to teach about as case studies.
Got me thinking about other classic case studies I might have seen since starting my new role...

Here's a few that instantly came to mind:
  • Volcanic Plug with Edinburgh Castle sat on top ('Once there were volcanoes here')
  • M62, and going past the farm between the carriageways ('Routeway')
  • Crossing the River Coquet in Northumberland (Geog.1 or Geog.2)
  • Milton Keynes / Stevenage - New Towns
  • Liverpool (home of Walter of Geog.dot fame)
  • Manchester: Chinatown and Canal Street (Urban rebranding and urban cultural geography)
  • Isle of Islay (tidal power)
  • Major bridges (communications): Humber, Severn, Forth etc.
Image of XSCAPE Milton Keynes by Alan Parkinson under Creative Commons

Comments