Get off my land !

Heard yesterday that my proposal for a workshop at the GA Conference in April 2011 has been accepted by the conference planning board.
It's good news, as the planned workshop will be the third in a trilogy on the theme of food (unless it turns into a quadrilogy...)
The focus this time round is on LAND GRABS.
I'll be co-presenting with John McLaverty from OXFAM GB once again.

I mentioned this Guardian article by John Vidal from March 2010 earlier in the year, with reference to our 2010 Conference workshop.
There's not a lot of web based material in this area at the moment it seems...

Also had some impressive web statistics for the FOOD CPD unit that I wrote for the GA website.
The Geography of Food - this has now been visited over 2000 times since it was added to the website in January 2010.

Comments

AnneG said…
Alan! You're falsifying statistics again!! The front page has had just under 2000 views, the whole section combined pageview total is about 4400!! ;-)
Alan Parkinson said…
Again ? You mean I have a reputation for this ? Will update the post - thanks for your vigilance :)