Brighton blank...

A long half term, which saw me away from home for 20 days out of 49, ended last Friday with a trip down to Brighton for the Geography teacher's conference....
Had a nice hotel which was a step up from a Travelodge, and had a sea view...

Did a session on curriculum making in "interesting times" for Brighton teachers and PGCE colleagues.

Asked people via Twitter to complete the phrase 'Brighton _________' and ROCKS seemed to be the most popular reply.

Presentation is available on my SLIDESHARE page, but is not really as useful without me going through the points... delegates will notice that I didn't quite get to the end, but the discussions at the start were really interesting about some of the challenges facing schools and teachers at the moment...
Not just in Brighton schools of course, there are problems for people all over the country...

I shall be back down in Brighton twice in July, and teaming up again with Alan Kinder, who took me to various pubs in Brighton the previous evening, including 'The Cricketers' for a drink, and some planning for future events...
...also saw that bloke from the Fast Show, who did the "this week I have been mostly eating...." character...

Images by Alan Parkinson

Comments