GA Conference Report 2

I'll start with the journey to conference.
Drove to Peterborough and left the car, then two trains which took me to some familiar places...
One of them was Huddersfield, which was where I did my geography degree: worrying thing is that I started it 30 years ago this year...

Image: Alan Parkinson

Then it was over the Pennines and into Manchester Piccadilly, which has changed a lot, and was just a few minutes walk from the University where the conference was based. Followed the #gaconf12 tweets on the way, and good to see so many more people tweeting.
On the way, I spotted a giant bottle of Vimto...

The first person I saw was David Lambert, who was just arriving - more on David later....

Chat with some GA colleagues, and also met up with Kate Russell from SLN and Paul Baker, both of whom have been very supportive to me over the years.

Lucy, Dorcas and Anne from the GA were busy getting the conference venue ready - only a few of the exhibitors had arrived at this stage....

There was plenty more to come... keep reading for more from GA Conference 2012...


Comments