Rural Communities

Different rural areas have different challenges, but they all have communities which are changing in response to changing demographics and economic change.
I have just started researching this theme for a book that I'm preparing, and there is plenty of scope here for further explorations, which I shall be doing...

Pub as the Hub is one theme I shall explore.

There are some useful resources and links which provide further information on this initiative. I shall try to explore other rural communities.

In today's EDP was an article on local foods using CPRE's research into local 'food webs'.

If anyone has good examples of villages which are thriving / not-so-thriving, please get in touch...

Update: Thanks to Danny O'Callaghan for getting in touch - anyone else ?



Comments