The A41

Via Matt Podbury

The A41 project by Colin McPherson

I've got a few books of photography related to journeys. I'm quite interested in the idea of documenting the stories of a road. I like a bit of Joe Moran, and also previously blogged the work of Sam Mellish.
I have travelled up and down the A17 between King's Lynn and Newark over 700 times in the last twenty five years (I know because I've counted....) and often thought of putting together some sort of book or photography project... although it's not exactly Route 66...
This book follows the A41 between Birkenhead and London, via Birmingham.
There are photos from several local groups who describe some of the issues in their area with social inequality or other related issues. The road connects places with very different characteristics and fortunes...

A copy costs just £3 and arrives promptly....

Why not try your own project along a road that runs through your local area

Comments

geographypods said…
Received mine today too. Excellent piece of work and great for classroom based display work.