Expanding the trophy cabinet...

It's been a while since I won an award... 

I was delighted to receive an e-mail today with the unexpected offer to accept the Joy Tivy Education Medal for 2013, presented by the Royal Scottish Geographical Society.

I've done a few things over the years to support Scottish education so delighted to be receiving this medal for "outstanding contribution to education and geography".

There are some really impressive and distinguished previous winners, and I'm honoured to have been chosen.
I shall be up in Perth in two weeks time for the SAGT conference, and am attending an evening at the RSGS the day before. Will post some updates and pictures from the event of course.

Thanks to those who may have ben involved in nominating me etc.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brilliant news Alan well deserved. Look forward to seeing you.

Meg