Athens 1: Journey and arrival

Up early last Friday for the train to Gatwick Airport. The weather was fine, but my head was down finishing off a presentation that I was going to lead at the 1st European Summit of the School on Cloud.

This was held at Doukas School in Athens.

After checking in and hanging around for a while, it was off for a long flight to Athens, heading over the Alps and then down the Dalmatian coast. Good service on Aegean airlines. Landed in Athens ahead of time, and got the metro into the centre, where I then navigated the labyrinth of streets to my hotel.
After an initial room was rejected, I ended up with a room on the higher floors, which had a marvellous view across the city.
That evening we went out to a local restaurant to enjoy a meal of Greek salads, a platter of grilled meats, dessert and coffee, with plenty of jugs of red wine... A great welcome...
Some of my photos here, that were taken during the event.

Comments