New Spec choice made...

For those of you who are interested, we have been discussing the new specifications for our geography department to follow from September 2016. I have been involved in the writing and editing of books for GCSE and 'A' level Geography.

The GCSE books that I've been working on are now in the Hodder catalogue, and are for OCR 'A' and 'B'.

We will be following the OCR 'B' specification at my school for GCSE. This is 'the same one' that we currently teach, so there will be less changes perhaps than if we moved to another spec. It also means that we may be using the textbook that I helped to write.

For 'A' level, we currently follow the AQA spec, but we are moving to the Edexcel Spec from September. I started the Edexcel NING back in 2007, prior to a previous specification change, and it is still available here, and has a good following, and well over 4000 members, who I hope will get involved with sharing some ideas and resources for the new specification.

If you are after an AQA book for 'A' level, I worked on this one here: co-writing and then series editing this book…

This will be available later in the year, and details of it are on the CUP website. I shall also be involved in the support materials which will go along with the book, and am looking forward to seeing that on desks around the country as well.

Finally, the #geogshare dropbox is filling up, and we've actually had to split it. Thanks to everyone who's contributed.

Here's some of the changes, as outlined by CUP....


Comments