Blogroll

I was asked recently about my various blogs… other than this one.
Here they are, for those who are interested in following other examples of my writing...


The main blog is this one: Living Geography, which has well over 6500 posts and has had over 2.1 million views (still a lot less than my classic GeographyPages website) - I started this in 2008 on hearing that I had been successful in getting a job with the Geographical Association: at the time, the Living Geography 'brand' with the leaf logo was starting to be developed and shared... I also "live" Geography every day of course, as does everyone.

The second blog that I write regularly these days is GeographyTeacher 2.0 which is my teaching blog for my current role as Head of Geography (now) at King's Ely Junior. This has a growing range of posts from the last three and a bit years that I've been at the school - time has certainly flown by since I joined as a part timer, teaching a few days a week to dip my toe back into the classroom alongside my writing and freelance work.

The next blog to mention would be my CULTCHA blog, which captures my idea of Cultural Geography. This predates the present interest in cultural geography as part of the Changing Place, Changing Places units of new 'A' level specifications. It dates back to the time when I was teaching the Pilot GCSE Geography course, and there was a Cultural Geography element to it. It was this, less 'formal' and repetitive course which rekindled my interest in teaching in the mid 2000s. Thanks to Phil Wood from Leicester University for the impetus to get this one started.

Back in 2006ish I started my Google Earth Users Guide project, which accompanied an Innovative Geography Teaching Grant that I received from the Royal Geographical Society. This began life following a session that I ran up in Dundee for the Scottish Association of Geography Teachers conference.

There's also the GeoLibrary project, which I started in 2013 and eventually finished earlier this year after a slight delay when finishing. This has a book a day for a whole year that I think Geography Teachers need to have in their library.

The blog which started my whole GeoBlogs name has now been largely archived and I don't post to it anymore, but you can find some of my early, rather brief, posts there.

The first of my websites and blogs has disappeared, but you can still find GeographyPages on the Wayback machine - follow the link from the holding page.

Another blast from the past was the OCR Pilot GCSE Geography blog which I spent two years on while teaching the course through in the early 2000s. This still gets visitors as it has plenty of teaching ideas, although the resources are lurking somewhere.

There's also the blogs related to some of my projects, which I only post to occasionally, such as I-USE, and others I started while working for the Geographical Association. A few of them are now "cobweb"logs in that I don't post to them very often...

Comments