Back to school

I'm gearing up to start my 27th year as a teacher.... 

Every year, at the end of summer there's the usual doubts about whether I've 'done enough' or am ready, and I'm preparing to move from leisurely breakfasts and lie-ins to 6am starts, and the run in to dark mornings and scraping ice off the screen, and 4 months to the next extended break...

But there is also the return to working with colleagues and young people, being part of a school community with such a sense of purpose, seeing what people do with the curriculum and resources that we've developed, and going on various fieldtrips, including an ERASMUS visit to Madrid during half term.

The last few days has been about sorting through some schemes of work, and preparing a massive to do list for when it's back into my classroom. I've spent a day getting that sorted, before two days of CPD which were quite usefully spent. I also ran a session for colleagues on ArcGIS Online and StoryMaps.

Best wishes to everyone who starts back at school in the next week or so... staff and students.



Comments